More Work For The Kids and Less Work For Me
This summer my motto is going to be, " More work for the kids and less work for me." I love the way that sounds (now let's see if it really happens).
In my pursuit of my new motto, I have started allowing my 5 and 3 year old to make their own lunches. I know it sounds scary but it has been working. They have been making what I call, "The Super Duper Sandwich." Yes, I know it is not the most healthy sandwich but the kids like it and can make it themselves.
Ingredients:
Wheat bread (Healthy)
Peanut Butter (Somewhat healthy)
Marshmallows (not so healthy, but no fat)
Chocolate Chips (not healthy but good)
and when I am making it I add bananas.
They love eating this and they make it with very little mess. It works for me.
I thought I would also share this recipe. My friend Christy made it for our MOPS meeting, and it was so so yummy. This is a great summer recipe.
In my pursuit of my new motto, I have started allowing my 5 and 3 year old to make their own lunches. I know it sounds scary but it has been working. They have been making what I call, "The Super Duper Sandwich." Yes, I know it is not the most healthy sandwich but the kids like it and can make it themselves.
Ingredients:
Wheat bread (Healthy)
Peanut Butter (Somewhat healthy)
Marshmallows (not so healthy, but no fat)
Chocolate Chips (not healthy but good)
and when I am making it I add bananas.
They love eating this and they make it with very little mess. It works for me.
I thought I would also share this recipe. My friend Christy made it for our MOPS meeting, and it was so so yummy. This is a great summer recipe.
Vegetable Salad
1 can of Shoe peg corn, drained
1 can of small peas, drained
1 4oz jar of pimento, drained
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped green pepper
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup sugar
1 cup vinegar
1 cup oil
Mix the first 6 items together in a bowl.
Combine the last three items together in a pot, boil to slightly thicken ingredients and then cool before pouring over the salad. Refrigerate overnight.
Comments
Love
Elise
YUM. O.
I have enjoyed catching up on your blog this morning.