Monday, October 6, 2008

Handprint Bats

Cheyanne and I had so much fun making these friendly Halloween hand print bats.

You will need: construction paper, scissors, glue, wiggly eyes, paint and paint brush.

For the first bat, paint your child's hand and press down to form wings.

Cut out body, head, ears, and teeth. (shapes shown below)
Glue body pieces together to form a bat. Glue on eyes. Draw face and glue on teeth.
We made this into a sign to hang on my door.

If you do not feel like messing with paint, just trace your child's hands and cut them out.

Cut out other body pieces. Do not forget the ears and teeth (I did).

Glue bat together.

Decorate face.

You can tape this up or attach a string to it and hang it from somewhere, like a ceiling fan cord.

post signature


Linds said...

You have some great ideas on here! I've been looking for some fall crafts to do with my 3 year old. Thanks!

Brittany said...

Oh fun!!! We are doing this one!

Beth (A Mom's Life) said...

I may actually be able to convince Peter to do this one!!

Another awesome craft from the world's greatest crafter!

Stacia said...

Very Very cute!! I might even go for the paint version :-) I can never resist a little handprint!

Jawan said...

Just wanted you to see our end result and that I linked back to you! Aren't they cute? Thanks for this fun idea!

Corey~living and loving said...

very very very cute. :)

Professional Mommy said...

Super cute and a great idea. I've been looking for halloween activities I can do with a 2 year old! We'll be doing this for sure. I like your site and have added it to my blog list.

Anna said...

so cute, glad to find it a few years later and just in time for halloween!