Saturday, October 4, 2008

Leaf Sun Catcher-Jennwa's Inbox


Autumn is a second spring, where every leaf is a flower. I thought that was a nice quote to go along with this craft.


Mama Geek at What Works for Us, one of my readers and bloggie friend asks: "Do you have any ideas for crafts with leaves? PLEAZE?!? :)"

My son did this is school last week and it turned out so pretty so I thought I would share it



You will need: Leaves, wax paper, crayons, grater, iron, hole punch and string.









Have the kids gather some leaves.

Grate the crayons.










Lay out a piece of wax paper and sprinkle on crayons pieces and put on the leaves.









Put another piece of wax paper on top.

Iron with the iron on a low setting.

Allow to cool.

Punch a hole through the top of the wax paper. Tie a string through the hole for a hanger.






They are very pretty, the pictures do not due them justice.


post signature

15 comments:

Michelle said...

Good job Colton ! Jenn I love the craft ,I think that a little miss will have fun with it later.Thanks for the blog visit.

Michelle said...

and your get better soon for McKenna.

Corey~living and loving said...

These are wonderful. I'm gonna Stumble this post. :)

tommie said...

Ohh..I know what at project we are going to do tomorrow.

HILLARY said...

We've done these before and I love them. Another idea is leaf rubbing, where you put a leaf under paper and scribble over the top and it makes a leaf rubbing or pattern. It's a fun thing kids can do all by them selves!

Dee Shore said...

Hiya! I haven't visited your blog in a while, but you always have the greatest ideas. Thank you!

Jenn said...

I love this! you know I like anything to do with science and this gives me a good reason for a nature walk!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

BTW. I forgot to say I'm totally STOKED to try this. I've had it bookmarked and have yet had time to TRY it. I do sincerely think you are BEYOND AMAZING. I'll post some photos when I get to it!

Autumn said...

That's awesome....seriously. We have a bout 8 gajillion crayon butts that would rock this. Great idea! Thanks!!

Stacie said...

this is something that even I think I can do...good craft, thanks for sharing.

Patois said...

If Mama Geek says it can be done by we, the less-than-crafty, than I am going to give it a whirl. This looks great.

Holly at Tropic of Mom said...

Um, WOW! Coming to you from Mama Geek

Golightly said...

Awesome, we have wax paper hearts and eggs strung and hanging in the window - but never thought of that.

Came over from MamaGeek

Killlashandra said...

Great simple craft idea. I popped over from MamaGeek's site and I think I'm going to have to try this one out this weekend. :)

Nicole said...

Oh how fun. I came here via Mamageek. You have some really great ideas! I love them.