Monday, February 2, 2009

Valentine's Day Sunchaser

First, I would like to say "Thank You" to everyone who participated in "We Made It, Showcase Saturday". I loved seeing every ones project. And I can not wait to see what everyone has done for this week.

Cheyanne had so much fun doing this project, she felt like such a big girl using the iron.

To make this heart mobile

we used: wax paper, crayons, pencil sharpener, newspaper, iron, scissors, hole puncher and ribbon.

First, we made crayon shavings by using a pencil sharpener. We placed the shavings on to the wax paper.

Place another layer of wax paper on top of the crayon shavings.

Then place a sheet of newspaper on top.

Have the iron on the low setting and iron on top of the newspaper.

Here is the melted crayon.

I cut out a heart shape, hole punched hole in the hearts and attached them together with ribbon.

You can also tape the wax paper to a piece of construction paper that has a heart cut out of the middle of it. What kids doesn't love to use tape ?

post signature


sandy said...

I remember doing this when I was little! I'll try it with my girls! Thank You:0)

MoziEsmé said...

I'm loving the valentine's stuff! I'm starting to look for ideas...

Beth (A Mom's Life) said...

What a great way to use up all those little bits of crayons we all have!

Pam said...

I did this with my kids last year around this time. Great idea about using a pencil sharpener for the crayon shavings. I made shavings by rubbing scissors on a peeled crayon, but then the crayon is no good after that. We taped our hearts to the window so the sun could shine through them.

Beta said...

Thanks for this beautiful idea! I have thought about sharing it with my readers and I hope you are not sorry if I have inserted her in my post of S. Valentine ( If you had to not make you like I will handle to remove the link to your blog. Regards, Beta